Location:Lat. 29° 39'23" N Long. 80° 05'24" E

NOTIFICATION NO.: UP-1669/1133M:1920 NOTIFICATION DATE: 27.12. 1920

There are six temples, five samadhis (memorials) of Sadhus and one inscribed water reservoir. Of these four temples stands in one complex while the remaining two temples and samadhis are situated in another complex circulated by separate boundary walls. The temples are generally triratha in plan with a short projected portico in front. These rekha sikhara temples are dedicated to God Vishnu, Shiva and Sun God. The samadhis are of very late period made in form of the miniature temple, probably belong to the Sadhus/Saints residing here in the recent past.

The water reservoir locally known as Jahnavi naul made of dressed stone masonry below the ground level where water oozing out from the ground. TYhe reservoir is covered with with a flat roof mandapa with pillar kakshakshana on either side. There is an inscription mentioning three dates-Samvatsara 1321 (AD 1264); Saka 1189 (AD 1276 ); and Saka 1197 (AD 1275), and refers to Rajanaraja Dhira, Queen Vilaisi, and Sri Ratha Chamndra Deva.


Location:Lat. 29° 39'23" N Long. 80° 05'24" E

NOTIFICATION NO.: SO.-254(A)/-/03.03.2003

This natural cave is situated at a distance of about 500 mt away from village Bhubneshwar on hill slope. The Manas Khand of Skandapurana has mentioned the religious importance of the cave. It is believed that Shankarcharya visited this place in the year 822 cent. AD. One has to crawl 20 mt down below throw a narrow passage to reach the bottom of the cave. There is formation of the stalactite and stalagmite deposits inside which is a common feature of a lime stone cave. This natural formation has taken unique shapes at various spaces inside the cave which are identified with the various Brahmincal Gods and Goddess by the local people. However main deity under worship is Lord Bhubneshwar or Siva. A few images are also placed here for worship in later stage. A small rectangular tank cut into the bed rock inside the cave is only human intervention. There is an inscription on the entrance of the cave datable to 14th Century A.D.